Korea Visa Denied : What do I do now?

Sunday, February 11, 2018



February 1 (Thursday)

I was so excited to finally submit the Korea Visa Application requirements of my family - mom, sister, cousin. As for me, I don't need to apply as I already have 3 years multiple entry Visa thanks to the promo for BPI Gold MasterCard holders! Click this link for complete details on how you can apply as well. Okay, back to my story.. we've completed all the requirements for Employed and Student Visa category since my mom is currently employed while my sister and cousin are both students. If you want to know which Visa category you belong to and what corresponding requirements are needed per your category, please refer to this link. Fast forward, we were able to complete all the requirements as per their category and I was able to submit the requirements! Yay!!! You will usually be given a some sort of a claim stub if I may call it. Keep this as this indicates when you could claim your passport and that you are authorized to claim the passports (no need for signed authorization letter of the passport owners). So as for my family, I have to claim it after 5 working days.


After 5 long daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays...


February 8 (Thursday)

I went to the embassy at around 3pm. BTW, Visa application is from as early as 7:30AM - 12:00NN and claiming is from 1:30PM - 4:00PM. When I arrived at the embassy, there were less people than usual. But the Window 2 was unbelievably SLOW. Slow in terms of calling the next person and slow in terms of placing the visas and reasons of denial. I would know since I watched the consul holding a paste tube while maybe sticking the visa. She was also reviewing a bunch of visa applications, while looking at her screen monitor while maybe stapling the reasons of denial to some passports. On that moment I was thinking why on Earth is she only reviewing the application forms on the day of release? I waited so long that day but when my number was finally called I felt relieved cause I thought I wouldn't make the 4PM cut off and I might end up coming back the next day. As I received the passports, I said "Thank You" to the Filipina consul helping the Korean consul because she's obviously delaying everything.

I walked a few steps away from the window before opening the passports. I first opened my cousin's passport and I saw a slip.. reasons for denial slip. Then I opened my sister's and then my mom's. And ALL of them, yes ALL of them got denied for the same reason - "You failed to qualify to the visa category that you have applied for." I was shocked. I really can't believe why. I didn't ask the Korean consul on my window cause while waiting she's so grumpy on the questions coming from Filipinos but not if it is coming from Korean Nationals. I just quietly walked to the Filipino staff there who reviews the requirements before submitting it to the Korean consul. I asked him what is the meaning of that denial reason. He told me, "That's already a consul decision". So apparently, we were not lacking any document. Maybe it's just that the consul thought that maybe we don't have the right to visit Korea and that maybe we are not capable of financing our trip. That's what I have thought. BUT WHY? We've placed more than enough money on my mom's bank account. It is more than the estimated budget that we've written on the application form. I felt betrayed by the country I love the most. I even love it more than my own. But then it would not let us enter for no apparent reason. They won't even dare to let us know what is lacking on our application so we could submit supporting documents. I was really emotional that day. I find it hard to sleep. I didn't even have a dinner. From that day til today I am still trying to figure out how we could go to Korea Visa Free. Because we can no longer reapply, it is already stated on the denial reasons slip that we could only reapply after 6 months.

I've read some blogs that what they did is to send their application forms all the way to Korean Embassy at Cebu. There were instances that they got approved there after being denied in Manila. But when I contacted an agency there, they told me that they already have 3 denied reapplication in Cebu for reason "Previously denied in Manila". Those who got approved in Cebu after getting denied in Manila were lucky, because now, they are already tracking if you've applied and got denied in Manila. SO DON'T TRY! You'll just waste your money hiring a travel agency in Cebu.

After so many researches, I finally gave up. We will just try our luck again after 6 months. I will give an update if we will be approved. Besides Autumn is better than post Winter season. :)

Lessons Learned:

1. DON'T BOOK A FLIGHT BEFORE APPLYING FOR A VISA!!!
2. If you book a flight make sure you can cancel and refund it if in case you get denied. As for us, Airasia luckily offers a refund!!!! Blessing from heaven I found out how to get a refund! I'll post a guide soon. Also, take note that flight booking is not required when applying for a visa.
3. If you book a hotel/guesthouse, make sure there is a free cancellation offered. Best option is to find a cheap free cancellation offer at Agoda. This one is required when applying visa.
4.If you don't want to do the hassle of booking and filing a refund in #2 then, save enough money to buy regular priced flight tickets. It's better to spend more than having this kind of heartbreak. I can't even say Korean word now. Looking at my oppas is a bit of a pain now. Soon, I'll move on. Next time.. better luck next time!!!! T.T

Still sad and grieving.

PS: Credits to the photo owner! Love GD's hair! ♥


 
HUHUHU.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe